Friday, November 1, 2013

AND LIFE MUST GO ON

So a lot has happened in the last week and a half two weeks.  The Bears are not playing good football and they are hurt, the Bulls started their season, Halloween has come and gone, and the medications arrived for a new IVF cycle.  Yippee!(said with the most amount of sarcasm possible) I am not sure what to think as we move forward.  I am an optimist...I always look on the bright side of things.  But it is hard to do with this.  For so long we have had nothing happen to us except get punch in the face with each cycle we have gone through.

I thought about asking my friends if I could take their kid trick or treating.  When people would answer the door I would hold my bucket out.  "What are you for Halloween?" they would ask.  My response would be simple..."I'm dressed up like a Dad today since I can't have my own kids"  I could only imagine the looks on peoples faces. 

I had some kids say to me "Do you have any kids?"  And for the ten millionth time I would respond "No not yet."  Then they said to me...."Well you're gonna be an awesome dad."  ............Remove dagger from heart please.........

But whether we are ready or not...life will move on.  It will move on with us or without us.  So I have chosen to move on with it.  It's feels like its moving up and icy hill for me right now...but I will continue to battle my way.  Now with the hormones being injected in the blood stream of my wife it should me an interesting trek up this hill. 


To you...you know who you are,

As you go through out your life there might be times you want to give up.  I would be lying if I said at times I thought about giving up.  Not ending my life...just giving up on the goals that I have set.  Its going to come down to your mind and your choices.  I have chosen to NOT give up...NOT every give up.  It is only then that I will fail.  I will take each failure in my life as a learning opportunity...sometimes I have no idea what I am to be learning but I search.  You my child are my goal...and I will never...EVER give up on you.  I will fight for you. I will sacrifice for you.  I will do whatever it takes for you.  And that's how I will go on with life.

LOVE YOU LIKE A FAT KID LOVES CAKE,


DAD

No comments:

Post a Comment