Thursday, November 7, 2013

More of the same

So as the years have passed I get a little more sinister and upset when it comes to this topic of infertility.  I have just seen so many good people go through so much pain.  I  often times find myself struggling with understanding God's plan and purpose.  I am fully aware and accepting of the fact that we live in a broken world with imperfect and broken bodies.  I believe that one day we will go to heaven and find ourselves in a different state.  It's hard to see the big picture when you focused on what is happening now, with blinders on to anything else.  I also get upset when we find out that it cost thousands and thousands of dollars to adopt and give someone a loving home.  Our world just doesn't make sense. 
Even though everyday is more of the same.  Do you have kids?  When are you having kids? and then people who do have kids...oh I love having kids or they complain about staying up all night.  We live in a society now where infertility is pretty common.  Not only is infertility common but the pain, hurt, and baggage that comes along with it are also common.  It's NOT OK anymore to ask people "when are you having kids?"  It would be comparable to asking a quadriplegic "Hey when you gonna run your next mile?" My guess is you didn't second guess so much at the first one but kinda thought..."man that's just wrong" for the second one.  Guess what....IT IS WRONG.  They are both wrong. 
And people who want to share their happiness of pregnancy with the world.  You are gonna distance yourself from people like me.  It's your choice and I am not saying that you can't. I will still love you and be your friend. But everything we do in life has consequences positive or negative.  Open your eyes to more than yourself and sacrifice a little if you want to truly help those going through this battle. 

To my Friends(and you know who you are)  I love you guys and hardly a day goes by when I don't think about you and send a quick prayer up to the BIG GUY.  

Dear Child,
I DREAM of the day that I can say..."I'm having a baby!!"  I pray the day comes when people ask me "you having kids?" and I can say "yeah, in two months."  But regardless of what happens in my future baby or not I will NEVER forget about the people who still suffer.  Child, make sure you don't forget about people who are struggling after you experience success.  Stay humble, stay loving, and stay understanding.  You are actually such a small part of your own life.  There are so many people that are affected by things that you do...some you may never know.

Always Trying


DAD

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this. We have only been trying a little over 2 years, but it gives me a new perspective on what my husband may possibly be feeling. Sending prayers to you and your wife.

    ReplyDelete