Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The begining

Where or where to start?! Well I will start by introducing myself.  My name is "Roy" and I am suffering from a broken heart.(I am also not an English Major).  Not the type of brokenness you are probably thinking.  My life has been filled with great things; wife, family, job, friends.  No my broken heart does not stem from a break up.  My broken heart is not caused by losing a loved one(even though I miss many of the people that have gone to meet Jesus).  My broken heart is a result of wanting something so bad....and not being able to have it(yet).
 You see about 9.5 years ago I met the love of my life.  We dated for a while and we got engaged.  Man was I stoked!  Here I get to be with the beautiful woman for the rest of my life, share good things with her, share bad things with her, go through different experiences together, buy a house raise a family and live happily ever after.
You will find out, if you haven't already, that life does not always go to plan.  I think that people naturally make plans, they vision how their life is going to be, what they are going to do, where they are going to live, how they are going to go about life.  We almost make little check lists in life as we go.  So....
We got engaged(CHECK)
We got married(CHECK)
We moved in together for the first time(CHECK)
We moved in with a friend to save money for a house(CHECK)(FYI...he is a great guy)
We both got jobs(CHECK)
We saved money and bought a house(CHECK)
We got two dogs(CHECK)
We had our first child(             )

And this is where the brokenness begins.

For the first few entries here I will lay the foundation that this entire blog is going to be about.

Dear future child,

This is your father.  I am continuing to pray that one day we are lucky enough to hold you.  It has been a long road.  I'm not sure when that day will come but I am holding as hard as I can to faith that one day we will be blessed to have you.  Holding on so hard my hands are weak, blistered, bleeding, and roughed(like a carpenter after years of work).  But this pain only makes my hands stronger, only allows me to hold on tighter, and keeps me going every day.  I miss you without even knowing you.  I love you without you even existing yet in my life. 

Love

DAD

No comments:

Post a Comment