Friday, September 20, 2013

The Excitement

Laughter fills the bedroom as my wife and I laid in bed.  Just the thought of and talk of starting a family put smiles on our face.  We wanted to make sure that we were ready to take on the responsibilities of becoming parents.  We decided that we were ready.  So we started on this journey of creating our family.  For the first couple months it wasn't bad.  After month two we were excited cause her period hadn't come and we thought this was it.  But her "friend" came a couple days later.  Month after that she was really late..."oh boy, this is it." The pound of my heart as we bought the pregnancy test....FAIL.  Man is it that hard to do this?  Seems like people are getting knocked up all the time!?
A few months into this we find out that my wife had a large cyst on her ovary. The Doctor suggest surgery to help remove the cyst.  That's what we did.  Obviously that didn't automatically turn us into parents(or I probably wouldn't be writing this right now).  I'll tell you what though...my wife is the strongest woman I have ever met(more to come on that another day).  My wife's biggest fear of the surgery was?????????????? Yep you probably didn't guess it...it had nothing to do with life or death, nothing to do with it not working, nothing to do with going under, it had to do with defecating during surgery.  Even now I laugh about it.  She came out of surgery(successful in removing the cyst) and was so drugged up I couldn't help but mess with her.  "Babe, you pooped all over the table." She replied like an actress from Half Baked "what are you serious?"  "Yeah I told her"..."Well, all I remember is talking about my home town and then I don't remember."  "Just kidding" I said.........1 minute later. "Babe, you pooped all over the table." She replied like an actress from Half Baked "what are you serious?"  "Yeah I told her"..."Well, all I remember is talking about my home town and then I don't remember."  "Just kidding" I said.........1 minute later . I could copy and paste this one or two more times. 
It didn't seem like excitement anymore when we were able to try again after surgery.  It seemed like stressful work.  And anytime "that time of the month" didn't show up...there was no happy nervousness...only preparation for disappointment. 

Dear Sweet Child of Mine,
I was watching an episode of "Friends" today(which is one if not the greatest show ever on TV) and Ross and Rachel had their daughter Emma.  In order to get her to laugh they had to sing a silly rap song (baby got back) by Sir Mixalot to get her to laugh.  I had to change the channel.  Cause all I could do was think about all the stupid things I would do to get you to laugh.  I actually started to hear your laugh in my head.  It was one of those laughs that makes other people laugh.  I can't wait to make you laugh.

Love you

DAD

No comments:

Post a Comment